Why is Water Heater Maintenance Important?
Spring cleaning is a popular tradition during this time of year. However, spring cleaning isn’t just devoted to decluttering the living spaces. It also includes home maintenance projects. This year, remember to schedule water heater maintenance during spring cleaning. Here are a few steps that professionals take during water heater maintenance and why they are important.
Why Plumbers Flush the Water Heater?
It is important to flush the water heater tank regularly, as sediment and mineral buildup inside the tank can decrease its efficiency over time. This buildup can also lead to hot water that has an unpleasant taste or odor, as well as drastically reducing the performance of the water heater.
The sediment can act as an insulator in the tank, which keeps it from heating the water as quickly as it should. Flushing the tank regularly can ensure that the hot water is clean and the water heater is efficient. Additionally, regular flushing of a water heater can help to extend its lifespan and prevent costly issues down the line, such as corrosion.
Other Water Heater Maintenance Tasks
Flushing the water heater is one water heater maintenance task, but it isn’t the only one. When professionals tackle water heater maintenance, they have a whole checklist of their own to ensure the water heater is ready for another year. Some of the additional tasks that are performed during water heater maintenance are:
- Checking the water heater’s anode rod and replacing it if necessary
- Cleaning the burner or heating elements
- Searching for signs of corrosion or leaks
- Verifying electrical connections
- Testing safety devices
Benefits of Maintenance
When water heater maintenance is done regularly, homeowners will notice benefits like:
- Cheaper Utility Bills: Maintenance ensures the water heater is working more efficiently, leading to lower utility bills.
- Abundant Hot Water: By removing sediment from the water heater, there is more space for hot water. Additionally, heating the water will require less energy, so the recovery rate will be faster.
- Fewer Repairs: Water heater maintenance reduces the likelihood of problems. When done effectively, homeowners can expect fewer repairs to be necessary, saving money.
- Longer Lifespan: Annual water heater maintenance allows for a longer life expectancy of the unit, saving money by delaying replacement.
About Fixt Plumbing
Fixt Plumbing has award-winning service serving residents of Bethany, OK, and the surrounding areas. They provide upfront pricing, same-day service, and 24-hour emergency plumbing services. Call them today for water heater services in Bethany, OK.
Distribution Links +